Leaders have an opportunity to foster realizations and discoveries through safe connectivity. As leaders let’s pursue intelligent, inspirational conversations that allow for clarity to emerge and can be an impetus for change.
Teams will only be able to navigate ambiguity effectively in today’s world if there is a high degree of trust.
Incubate to Innovate’s ChangeMaker Innovation Activator #1 is Creating Safety & Building Trust.
How do we go about achieving this?
- Show transparency and authenticity
- Choose compassion and empathy once you hear a story
- Be courageous and vulnerable at the same time
- Ask more questions and listen well
- Put assumptions and judgements aside and seek to understand
- Have an open mind to new ideas
- Relate to the human side of an experience
In a virtual, technologically advanced world, relationships really have become the great differentiator. We just have to work that much harder at creating safety and building trust. Consider using the ChangeMaker Mindset of Lead with Empathy as you seek to create safety and build trust over time.
Remember that what you choose to focus your attention on will determine how you interact with the people around you!
What are some ways you are already creating safety and building trust for those on your team or in your organization?
What are some areas of improvement for creating safety and building trust with others?
Who in your life can you have safe, inspirational conversations with to bring about change?